Saturday, June 19, 2010

No Time 2 Blog

I think Emily was afraid I was going to send her off like the girls so she has been clinging to me all week like a monkey with really big thighs. She does at least nap on occasion, unlike Patrick who now only naps if I drive him around after he hits the irrational stage. So, I pretty much got nothing done like I planned to do with the girls gone. I did however do a very in depth tour of Manhattan one day and then today I went to Council Grove for the first time as I heard rumors of a lake there and thought I would check it out. Thankfully Patrick did not wake up once we got there as there was a county fair or something going on, all those carnival rides right next to the road. Keep sleeping, keep sleeping! Then came the street lined with funnel cake trailers, some next to very convenient parking even, but I resisted for fear that the smell of delicious fried dough would wake the precious children.

Oh so precious when they are sleeping quietly. So unlike the child who screamed for 20 minutes after leaving the pool because I didn't let him go all the way back to the toy basket to put the water gun in after I put it in there during his fit about leaving the pool in general. Patrick has to redo many things these days, like if anyone comes over and gets in the door before he has a chance to open the door... most guests are quite understanding and will go back out and let Patrick open the door again. They understand that if they don't then they will have to listen to the screaming and crying for a long, long time. Really, I am surprised that they don't just take that opportunity to flee the property in general, never to return.

Sean has realized that he will never get a full day of peace and quiet on the couch like I promised him as his Valentine's gift many months ago, but he keeps trying to cash it in. Today better have at least counted for a half day because I am not going to keep granting these until he succeeds in the full day. Next time I am giving him a punch card based on hours. He continues to relive his Pebble Beach trip by watching the US Open and frankly, I have heard about and seen this course in so many different media forms that in twenty years I will swear that I also went on that trip. I even got to watch him "play" the course on his xbox or wii, one of those things. The children were cheering for him but I drew the line at that.

There are many things that should be cleaned before Nana brings the girls home on Tuesday and the LeBoeufs come to welcome Jay home from Iraq (I saw in the paper that it should be soon!). At the very least I should remove the dead "cricket" that I found in the guest room. Hey, I at least picked up the 1700 legos and playmobil pieces. I am too sore and tired from yoga to haul the vacuum down there but maybe tomorrow. And Sean can rest easy knowing that I will never find the energy to investigate the ever growing pile of boxes that various electronic things have come in. The storage room is my nemesis. I was also going to finally send some gifts to the many people who deserved them in the past 4 months and the first website I went to ended up having technical problems. So now I will forget all about this for another month. Sorry Dunn family, maybe we will hit those birthdays next year...

Sounds like a tornado is brewing outside, time to go open the window to the storage room in hopes that the boxes will get sucked out, oh and all the kid art junk too!!

1 comment:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Parker his growing out of his OCD phase and doesn't throw such big fits anymore about "doing it himself". I bet Patrick will chill out by fall!