You know how there are scenes from TV or movies that stick with you over the years, long after you have forgotten what the show as a whole was about? Well, there was one season of the Real World on MTV that had a guy named Puck on it and Puck thought that it was perfectly acceptable to eat peanut butter from the jar with his fingers. The communal jar of peanut butter. Various housemates did not approve. Yes, that used to pass for scandal in reality TV. Last time I saw an episode of what passes for Real World I believe there was a group shower going on and it was no big deal. The demographic has changed.
Anyway, I was having Puck flashbacks this morning when Patrick got out the brand new jar of peanut butter. I figured it was fine since it was sealed, surely he couldn't unseal that. Ha. Ha. Ha. Next thing I know he is bent over the jar on the floor, licking it like a dog. I gasp and he looks up casually, notices the alarm on my face and realizes I am coming to put a stop to this, so then quickly puts his head back down and licks in double time. Huge protests when I take it away so I had to offer up a peanut butter spoon and peanut butter toast. Here he is after that, using his militant pointing finger to instruct me to get him some more. Not a good day for swim lessons to be cancelled.
9 comments:
Well, he rarely eats real food. I guess he needs to get his protein somehow.
Kevin also eat peanut butter like Puck. But he has his own designated jar of peanut butter. I can always smell when he's been in it. p.s. I remember that Real World vividly.
Something tells me the Prince has cleaner fingers than Puck. I remember him picking his nose a lot and having filthy hands. Perhaps this is what started my hand washing obsession...
Patrick stories are quickly becoming my favorite.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who can be bossed/pushed around by a little man. Try living with 3 of them...sir, yes, sir!
You are all grounded, MTV and soaps were always off limits at our house!
Patrick is adorable, as always. As long as it isn't my jar of Jiff
It may have started out that way-no MTV or soaps, but I'm pretty sure Stephanie started watching Days of Our Lives in middle school and I never had to sneak to watch MTV the way Julie and Katie had to. May Patrick and Emily also find the benefits of being baby #3 and #4.
Julie got me hooked on Days during winter break. Marlena was posessed, I couldn't stop watching after that, there was another storyline half done and then they start a new one. The cycle never ends. I still watch it on DVR.
Ok, the plan was to give you all a mostly harmless rule to break, got to have some fun.
I don't recall MTV being off limits. I do recall some classmates not being able to watch Three's Company though.
Post a Comment