Saturday, October 13, 2012

After Auction Report

There's a little army humor for you, AAR.  Anyway, we wore our SYR best, the uniform that everyone wore at some point to a dance at ND... I will scan in a photo from those days to prove it later.


I just realized that I'd never Rent the Runway for a college dance though, can't imagine how many drinks would get spilled on it.  The Catholic school auction was WAY more tame but still really fun this year.  I didn't even drink, kind of thinking the red wine was communion wine which is better when just a sip....  We did win a few things we wanted and a few things that may show up as gag gifts later.  Sean got box seats for the KSU game in a couple weeks which makes up for not getting tickets this year.  With the deployment we didn't bother with any tickets at all, ND or KSU.  On track to play each other in a bowl game though, that won't get awkward around here.  We tried to win a pig roast and then later found out that we lost to a group we know so they invited us to join in and host the party too so that will be fun.  And I won't have to clean my house for it.  Wait, unless they asked us so we could have the party here, ha?

We also won a computer for the kids to get them to stop using mine for school work.  They lost some letters to the ancient laptop they'd been using so this is kind of a necessity but we will still make them earn it somehow.  The kids also love those creepy face things that you put on tree trunks and I guess we were the only ones to bid on it.  Our friends were talking about it when Sean came back with our box of winnings and I pulled it out for some big laughs.  I will post a photo of that when we find a tree trunk to decorate.  Neighbor's yard?  The top item was something I will be nice and not post a photo of.  It is a craft item and someone spent a lot of time making it but it's hilarious and tacky.  Destined for white elephant gift!

8 comments:

Paul said...

Wow! You look great. And you never have to wear the same dress twice, good in a small town. Mom

Kathleen said...

Beautiful photo of the two of you!

VAMOM said...

You guys look great! Love the dress!

Andrea said...

You guys look amazing.

heather said...

4 kids?! Wowza...u look gorgeous!
Sounds like u had fun and got some good stuff!

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

What Heather said!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow! Sean had the best looking wife there for sure!

H said...

You both look so happy! Love the dress...you wear it well!