Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Poker Face
Photo credit to Kevin (formerly Chip) Banks. Sean at the final table in the tournament last night. They chopped the pot at 7 people I think and the night before they chopped it when he made the final 3 and then he had some luck in the cash games. I'd like to buy me some free time with those winnings. Sean apologized for never winning this much back during residency. He also never moonlighted then because I think it was against the rules or something, although he had friends who had the radiology van from some poor clinic on the southside drop hard films at their houses to read. I think one guy was even just holding it up to a bare light bulb until he broke down and bought a light box. For real. That's some quality health care for the poor people right there. This is kind of a tangent, hmm.
Sean's other story is that he busted a beefy guy out of the tournament and he threw his chair and had to be escorted out. Sean was happy to have his entourage to leave with, and leave quickly with after the tournament was over. I think the key to doing well at poker is to not need the money. Sean is just doing it for fun, to be able to say he won a tournament, not to pay the mortgage. Although we'll see about buying a new furnace. So far so good, I am going to gamble on this old one as long as we can!
And now today I will have the song Poker Face in my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great update and photo! Love it! Surprised they are allowed to take photos!
excellent
Hey - know how to wake up Lady GaGa? You Poker Face!
Nicely Done Sean! Winning furnace money is SEXY! Seriously...
Post a Comment