Patrick's latest routine when turning on our street is to unbuckle (of course), roll down his window, hang his head out, and yell, "THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!". He does this several times a day, every day. I'm hoping the neighbors think that I just give my kids the best day ever EVERY day, instead of thinking that I'm a bad mom for letting him get out of his car seat to yell movie quotes picked up from the excessive screen time he gets. That's from Bolt, by the way. My child is a dog. And now Emily is joining in too but she doesn't yell as loudly.
Sean hasn't won much in Vegas this time but I told him to bet as much as it would take to make him happy when ND loses this weekend to OU. I am buying myself a good mood either way because after the week I've had with these kids I deserve it. The littles are in bed after I finally washed all the sand out of their hair and held firm to "kitchen closed". I also finished The Happiness Project book today and highly recommend it to everyone. I would loan out my copy but I need to keep rereading parts. It would make a great book club project, if only other people had time for book clubs. Hmm, I need to go reread the part about having a bad attitude.
5 comments:
I have a book club at work. We might need something light and happy once we are done with Game of Thrones, which is super awesome but a little dark. I might suggest this one.
I'm going to put this on my Goodreads list. I heard she has a new book out called Happiness at Home, or some such title...
Stephanie...Game of Thrones for book club. Holy Moly - that's ambitious!
Yes, Game of Thrones is very ambitious. Sean read them in Djibouti and the reviews said that deciding to read the series is a major life decision as it is over 5000 pages. He of course had no problem finishing it...
Carrie- I just saw that new book is out, curious to read that one too. I need lots of tips!
We gave ourselves a lot of extra time to read this. I am barely half way after several weeks.
Post a Comment