The girls had been begging to get their ears pierced for a while and I couldn't remember why I said they couldn't, so we headed to the mall on their day off from school last week. Anna took a friend for moral support and then she didn't want anyone watching because she thought she would cry. Yeah, the piercing station is right by the door so the whole mall can see. She did fine though and the girls are managing to do the cleaning themselves.
Anna is a bit nervous here but her friend is having a good old time.
She was thrilled that I was taking photos during it, ha ha!
Everyone ended up with prizes for being good during the hour it took us to get it done. Not a cheap trip to Claire's and I don't intend to ever go back.
So happy!
None of the kids are happy now though. Has been a super crabby day, so much fighting. Not sure if it's related to Sean being in Vegas this week or just a Monday mood, but either way I am due a whole pile of presents. And I don't know, maybe an actual girls trip sometime??? Not sure how it is that Sean, who makes practically zero effort to keep in touch with friends, manages to go on so many guys trips, while I make a huge effort with friends, old and new, and the best I can manage is getting someone to meet me at the Chef for breakfast during my 5 hours of non-driving free time each week. Oh my, finding some friends to go away for a weekend to shop in KC even seems like the impossible dream. I finally caved in and ordered a ton of clothes online to replace some of the stuff I got rid of for not fitting right and I returned 80% of it this morning. Can't. Win.

3 comments:
Women have no fun in Kansas.
Haha, Margi, hilarious! I remember that truism from 20+ years ago!
Andrea thought I'd be insulted by these comments but it's quite accurate. All the moms are too busy driving their kids around. Sorry Sean, you're paying full price for college for the kids, no scholarships getting earned here! Win big in Vegas!
Post a Comment