Saturday, January 12, 2013

Camera after $20 margarita...

I'm sure this is how South Beach looked to most people down there.  We busted out of there early to catch the bus back to old people suburbia resort area, the Bonaventure in Weston.  We did have to walk 1.5 miles to get to the bus and part of that was through areas so sketchy (we got off the official route I suspect) that I didn't take photos for fear of offending people there.  Oh the liquor store featuring all the fortified wines in the window, the many many hookah shops, tattoo parlors and strip clubs... not totally our kind of scene.

Oh, here's another reason we didn't drive down there ourselves.  What's that, they just took the normal parking prices and multiplied it by 5?  Nice.  Everybody wants their cut of the money pot.

Here is another example of course.  This was the Bud Light fan zone party at the stadium.  Apparently tickets were $30 to get into the area, ours came with our package so we checked it out before the stadium opened.  Can't believe people paid $30 so they could go buy a $9 Bud Light.  That's right, buddy, open that wallet and empty it out.  I can see paying those prices in the stadium but I found this event baffling.  Of course we had just come from a much, much better Notre Dame event that had everything included in your ticket price.  That is a whole other post though.  Oh this event also had live music but it was country music.  Hmm, which team demographic were they targeting there?

No comments: