We stopped for lunch at the Islamorada Fish Company per Angela's suggestion. Kind of place that makes you think about moving down there.
View from our table, perfect weather, what game?
We didn't want to stand in the line to take photos on the other side of this marker that really spells it out for you, most southern part of the US. I took that photo 17 years ago, we're going for the faster angle here. There is naturally a naval base right there with awesome housing. Who voted for army? Seriously.
Okay, I am not familiar with the prostitution laws in Key West but this cute little house had quite a list of activities that you could go in and do. I almost wanted to go in just to get info for the blog. So the lady on the porch, employee? Customer? Updating her blog on her iPhone? Oh great, did everyone just leave my blog to go look for hers? keywestzumba.blogspot.com
I don't know but I had to get a picture.
Made it all the way to Key West, why not some Denny's? So many reasons why not...
Hemingway's house which we again ponied up some large tourist fee to tour with 15 minutes until closing. The guy said we could come back the next day if we wanted to see more. Yep, 15 minutes was enough. I read the Paris Wife which was pretty good (not by him, but rather about his first marriage) so I was curious to see the house and cats. Anna would have loved it of course, cats everywhere including on all the furniture that had signs on it to stay off. Those cats own the place, they were clearly mocking all the signs.
I'm sure on a hot muggy Key West day there is no cooler place to lay than on the glass display case that says do not touch.
The cat house, for cats not whores. Or maybe tiny whores?
Where Hemingway did his writing. Surely he sat his large drunken self down in that tiny chair and wrote like mad. Wait, they do have his typewriter there, but I am skeptical...
Sean paying his respects in the cat cemetery. They're going to need to expand, the place was literally a cat farm. I'm a little tired of all the cool houses being made into museums because that is a prime piece of real estate there. Any place with separate quarters for an office is exciting to me! I cannot tell you how having Sean's office across the breezeway has changed my life. Not having to keep the children quiet while he works is priceless. And this one comes with cats, as far as the children are concerned it would be a done deal. Yes, every day is a house hunt for me. I'm sure the great Ernest Hemingway would be thrilled to have his sacred writing space turned into a teleradiology hub. I don't know how this post evolved but I'm sure no one is reading anymore anyway... all distracted looking for keywestzumba....


7 comments:
i thought having calico cats lying around everywhere was normal! there are 2 on my feet right now and one on an end table....guess i really am a crazy cat lady!
This post made me laugh out loud. Never have you written more about cats and whores.
I don't think anyone has ever written more about cats and whores in one blog post.
Hemingway used to live and write very near the Boyne Condos, an old family cottage. His Native American stories were very good.
This may be the first ho and cat blog ever.
I can't believe I didn't title this post Cats and Whores, it could have gone viral, like an STD!
Don't his cats have some genetic anomaly? Like they have a sixth toe or something? Trying to remember. Do they have a warning posted outside for those with allergies? The cat house and cemetery are hilarious.
Yes, the cats have 6 toes on the front feet at least. I did get some shots of that but felt I was bordering on too many cat photos for one post. That's how they know all the cats are descended from Hemingway's cat though. As an American Studies major you think I would have read some Hemingway at some point. Nope. Maybe I should start with the Michigan stuff...
Post a Comment