Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sigh

 Okay, this part of the game was cool.  The Air Force Academy had their precision parachute team land on the field.  The guy representing Alabama stumbled, the rest did not.  That was no indication of how the game would go unfortunately.
 Oh look, so happy.  Clearly this was before kickoff.
 And that's how close we were to the top.  It's a small stadium though, our view was still pretty good, even though we may have wished it wasn't...
 The last parachute and last thrilling thing to happen that night.
 Oh but wait, our band honored Back to the Future, this is supposed to be the car from it. What?
 More halftime show.  Give me some tradition.
Wow, just when we thought the game couldn't get any worse... after the Alabama and ND bands played, the Miami Sound Machine WITHOUT Gloria Estefan came out and played while shiny dancers pretended they were at a nightclub and danced on tables.  Umm, did their parents know about this beforehand?  The random band people with them all came from different marching bands, what an honor to play in a thrown together band and only have a few days to pull together a routine.  It was fine but kind of hoped for a better ALL AROUND night.

Oh well, my back had been hurting the whole trip from so much standing and walking so I wasn't too upset when the crowd quickly lost steam and decided to sit down.  It was an experience either way, just not the one we hoped for.  I don't think we will ever go back for such an event.  This was the miracle season, we went from unranked in the preseason to  playing for the National Championship.  If this was a movie we would have won.  Or I suppose this could be one of those artsy movies with an unsatisfying ending.  That's why I don't see artsy movies much, if I want a crappy ending I can find one in real life.  I watch movies and TV for pretty houses, good fashion, and a little Jeff Winger never hurt.  Cool, cool, cool.  Sigh, does no one watch Community besides us and Finnegans?  We did just start Nashville too...

No comments: