Also, the 2nd to last day of school. I really don't know how we've gotten to this point but I am sick of waking up children to get them to school or waking up Patrick to pick them up from school, so I guess we are ready for summer. I am also tired of the slack-jawed yokels in the car pool lane who just can't figure out how it works. One time I had Sean with me and as we were passing this one woman who is notorious for blocking traffic I said, "Look, it's the most important person in the world" which is a long running sarcastic joke we have and Megan cranes her neck around to see who it is. Where is the most important person?! She was so excited. Burst that bubble. I think she will love riding the bus next year...
We had planned to golf tonight, which would be my first round in 7 years, but it is raining. I suppose I don't need sore muscles on Saturday when we attempt to get all 5 of us and our luggage and car seats to Milwaukee for Melissa's wedding. A test run for our longer trip to Virginia next week. So, that's right thieves, the house will be empty. Alas, there is nothing worth stealing and the furniture is really really heavy if you were planning to move it and steal the carpet underneath (an easier job when they stole it from our twin house that was empty at the time). Who knew there was a big market for used carpet? Seriously though, we will be keeping pit bulls in the house while we are gone and they won't have enough food, so they'll be hungry. Come on in! While you're at it, could you water the flowers? Thanks.
5 comments:
I have a fantasy about being mugged and telling the mugger to just go ahead and take my purse, there's no cash, and good luck buying anything on maxed out credit cards and empty bank accounts! Jokes on you buddy!
Have I mentioned this before. I think about it way too often.
I have to find joy from being broke somehow.
Keep fingers crossed I get into the sales department!!
No, but I can relate. I don't think anyone would ever try to swipe my purse. Surely they would recognize it as a Target special and figure out that there is nothing of value in it (except maybe 1 diaper).
clean or dirty diaper
Did you get blown away in a tornado?
It's been days since an update.
Just sayin'
Clearly if I had re-read the entry I would have caught the out of town portion, sheesh!
Post a Comment