Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dolphin Lover... seriously?

Okay, so I saw a personalized plate on a minivan today that was some sort of abbreviation for dolphin lover. First off, is someone letting their 5 year old daughter pick the personalized plate? Secondly, what sort of dolphin lover moves to Manhattan, Kansas, where you could not get geographically farther away from a dolphin if you tried.

This leads to, who loves dolphins so much that they let it define their minivan?? oh. umm. hmm. I think I know now. Here's a bit o' trivia that I tucked away a few years ago, courtesy of a gal in San Antonio whose husband used to train dolphins. Let's just say it was not completely uncommon for said trainers to be offered money to let some, well dolphin lovers, have some romantic time with their dolphin of choice. I guess I feel better knowing this dolphin lover is far from dolphins. Of course the absolutely most horrifying reason for having a dolphin lover license plate is that someone is a Miami Dolphins fan. EEEKK!! (that is dolphin noise for "seriously, who could cheer for that team?")

If dolphin lover is one of my 36 blog readers, my apologies. Stop by the house and I will give you my daughter's stuffed dolphin. Now that she is 6 she has outgrown it.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

I get a kick out of the age group that all believe that they are going to grow up to be marine biologists. Who actually grows up and does that?

Andrea

erlthepearl said...

OMG I think I'm going to have nightmares now about these trysts between dolphins and their lovers...gross, gross, gross

erlthepearl said...

no seriously, I'm ruined...

julie said...

Then don't google "furries" or you will never sleep again, especially not with a stuffed animal, haha!

Marjie said...

That is just creepy. Annika is a marine biologist. Went to college in Hawaii. Think she is still living there. Maybe she is on my space, for those who wonder.