Yes, May is the time to visit Kansas, that brief period between cold and hot. It is so nice that Sean went for a run yesterday and his next PT test isn't until October! I even did a little yard work, shocking I know. Okay, 7 minutes to trim bushes, does that even count? I also washed the windows with that stuff you spray on with your hose. I don't think that counts because I don't think it really works but it's pretty fun. I enlisted the girls to help clean up trimmings and wash flower pots, offering them points for Gryffendor, which goes along with their Harry Potter pretend play. I probably didn't even spell that right since I've never read the books, just listen along with the girls. Anna wanted 100 points each for 10 minutes of work and I was debating with Sean if that was too many points and then he pointed out that these are points for pride, there's no Target redemption value. 100 points each it is!
Anyway, this weekend also marked another anniversary, 12 years since we graduated from college. I still have a head full of trivia from all those classes (okay, mostly one piece of trivia which is that more people die from toothpick related injuries every year than from aesbestos (sp?)) and I still have the set of heavy dishes I made in pottery class. I also made flower pots which the girls were most impressed with when they were washing them for me yesterday. What a great age, they are easily impressed. I suppose I could get my wheel out and get back to work. Yes, in all my free time. Easier to find time for the computer as that doesn't require getting goopy clay all over my arms. Someday...
2 comments:
I'm glad you're getting nice weather too. I overhead a blurb on the news about the ND and SMC class of 2008 graduation ceremonies this weekend and my jaw dropped. Eight years for me. Sometimes it feels like yesterday but all you really have to do is step foot on campus during the school year and you'll never feel older than that moment. It's another world.
You and Sean are great at kiddy mind games. What fun for them.
Post a Comment