Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Perfect Weather Day 5.5

Sunny and 70 today, perfect. And yes, Gavin came and put some chemicals on the lawn yesterday, so much for the girls getting out and enjoying the day with a nice roll in the grass. Sean and I took advantage of the weather though. Sean left work at an undisclosed time today and we decided to check out the remodeled club which just reopened. Very nice by the way, and even nicer when you don't have your kids with you (sitter comes on Wednesday so I can run errands in peace). Looks like a lot of the regulars were happy it was open again too. As I said to Sean, you'd think we're the only ones under 65 who don't work in this town. And then he said, you're apparently the only woman they allow in the club too, must be women are for serving here. Har har.

I realized that if I didn't go buy some golf clubs soon Sean would just keep saying that is my gift for various occasions. I was told to pick them out for my birthday last year and then for our anniversary and Mother's Day he told me the same thing. Fool me once. Easy sale for some lucky sales guy today, just give me something better than Sean's old set, not picky. Back during the poverty years we would split up his sad little set into two bags (I believe mine was technically a pitch 'n' putt bag, held about 3 clubs) so they'd let us on the brown little par 3 course across the street from our apartment.

Anyway, after lunch, err.. I mean dinner, Colonel Hospital Commander Sir, we went down to the range so I could try those puppies out. It turns out that I hit them all the same distance (which is "not far") and could have saved a bit of money by just buying one of them and then a putter. Oh well, now I appear to be an official golfer so I can ride in the cart with Sean, and justify buying a cute golf outfit from Athleta. If I can wear their yoga clothes for watching TV, then I can wear their golf stuff to ride around. Fore!

6 comments:

Ruby said...

Watching TV in yoga clothes?! You and I would be fast and true friends!

Those Nike's that cost more than they should have? So what if I wear them with jeans as everyday wear? If I wanted to go running I could. Anytime I felt like it...

Marjie said...

Get a lesson next Wed. Isn't that the days that drs traditionally got off for golf?

Katie said...

Mom's right check out the golf pro's and then set up a lesson. Be sure to pick a good one - good is qualified by looks only.

julie said...

I don't think my muscles will be recovered by next Wednesday but at some point I will get another lesson. So Katie, I shouldn't get the lady pro? She is cheaper. ha. And to Megan, one must always be prepared to run if necessary, those Nikes are an investment in safety.

Stephanie said...

Workout clothes also make great pajamas!
I typically refer to Sean's situation on Wednesday as a 'Field Trip'. My field trips are always on Monday, and involve lunch and shopping. Then back to work...

Anonymous said...

Ooh!!
Practice golfing on the Wii!!
-Stephanie on moms computer