Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Planet Earth Nightmares

Okay, if you haven't seen the Planet Earth DVD series by the BBC, then stop what you are doing right now and either run out and get it or add it to your Netflix queue. Then you too can know what areas of the world to avoid, namely that reef in the ocean with the snakes. At first there is just one snake and then the camera starts panning out, and out, and out... it's like that nightmare where you are trapped underwater combined with the nightmare of a snake chasing you... with 1079 of his friends, huge friends I might add. Yes, yes, lots of beautiful things to see underwater but now that they have this DVD series there is no reason to go see them yourself. Spare yourself the expense, the time off work, and the risk of running into a swarm of sea snakes...

3 comments:

Marjie said...

Don't get me started on the bat cave....

Stephanie said...

On your big screen you really never have to travel anywhere.
I think I wound up with that roller coaster video...that would be a good watch.
Do you even have a VCR? Does anyone?

julie said...

Yes, we have a vcr/dvd player with the vintage TV upstairs. Part of me is definitely too lazy to travel and would rather watch it on TV. Not that you would catch me going to the bat cave full of bat poop even if I loved to travel...