
I decided today was the day for our 5 minute photo shoot for xmas cards (there is a sale going on until Tuesday). Not only did I save money by not hiring a professional to take our photo, I also saved time because I didn't have to get everyone showered on the same day, do their hair, pick out precious coordinating outfits and then spend hours getting shots in various locations. I did get Anna to change out of her stained jeans and velcro gym shoes and Sean bribed Patrick into breaking his "no pants other than sweat pants" rule. I thought it would keep them from hitting each other if they were each holding an (electric) candle but (spoiler alert) it ended up looking kind of odd in the final photo. Here they are practicing with Kira being me while we waited for our speedy photographer to show up (also to take Kira home). 5 minutes really was the limit for the littles so at least I know what I'm working with here and am realistic. I did ban the light saber for the final photo, much to Patrick's dismay. Maybe next year we will all go with the Star Wars theme... I did consider mixing it up this year and choosing a Happy Hanukkah card, Hello Kitty was also a close contender, but I guess you will just have to wait and see how it turns out.
No comments:
Post a Comment