Another Thanksgiving highlight was when Anna sliced her finger peeling carrots. It is a very sharp peeler and I thought she knew how to use it since this is one chore she has done before. But I was wrong. So Sean took her down to the ER for some dermabond, which she later chewed off and needed more of, not to Sean's delight. It was 70 degrees out so the kids went to the park and played outside here (digging in the dirt after they had baths, yay!) so the day wasn't a total lazy day. The kids didn't like the Macy's parade and I didn't like the commercials the kids were sucking in so that didn't last long. Megan did enjoy mocking the ice skating show that was on later in the day. Not even 10 yet... the teen years are going to be full of sarcasm...
Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Friday, November 25, 2011
Up early for Black Friday!
Oh wait, no I am up early for Emily and Curious George. Doubt I can get out shopping today without Sean realizing I am just buying stuff for myself. I think he worked most of the night so he may not notice if I go out but he finds it annoying when I immediately spend the money he just earned while the rest of us were sleeping. It should seem like I have so much extra time today though since I won't be cooking. Hope everyone likes leftovers for a week. Oh wait, they didn't even like it the first time around. Megan is getting smart about it at least as she will fill her plate and eat some, but mostly just move it around and then claim to be full. Until donut time! The other three just had turkey and rolls and in the end really only ate the rolls. Emily did have a carrot which she chewed up and then spit out. Our table manners are delightful and unfortunately sometimes we have other people here to witness them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment