Now let's discuss how annoying it is to be done with the shopping. First comes the credit card bill where all the gifts are on the same month, along with the plane tickets. The harsh reality of how much it all really costs. We have a tradition of panicking on Christmas eve that we don't have enough fun gifts for the kids and running out to get more, thus splitting up the expenses over a couple billing cycles. I made a detailed list of gifts before sending to VA because I knew that would happen again. This year I will be strong! And remember the budget! So that is the annoying part... when Sean hands me the mail I have to toss all catalogs, my sweet catalogs, in the recycling. And there is no point in checking out all the emails I get about online sales... So the fun is over.
What I do get to keep from the mail are my house magazines... the January issues are coming out now, full of nice, uncluttered January houses that are a backlash to the over decoration of the holidays. Talk about buzzkill. I don't even want to decorate now. So everyone else will beat me there! I do have the tree up but that was just to make sure it worked and I have no plans to get out ornaments any time soon. We won't even be here for Christmas morning obviously... Oh, I'm sure the kids will insist on getting the stuff out, don't stage an intervention just yet. But you are welcome to come by and help me get the boxes out!
1 comment:
cWHERE is the DON'T LIKE button?! j/k
Post a Comment