Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Announcement from Patrick

Patrick would like everyone to know that if he told you he liked broccoli, he was lying. This is something he used to brag about to impress adults. It was all a farce. He won't even eat 5 tiny pieces of it tonight. Not even with ketchup.

I also keep forgetting to mention a funny story from Sean. Like many of my children, Patrick mumbles and gets mad when we don't know what he is saying. Sean told him recently that he couldn't understand him and Patrick lamented that no one understands his finger talk either. I don't know if someone else taught him this (Parker??) but he likes to use his version of sign language/ gang signs. When he is angry it's like his fingers are swearing. Good luck, teacher.

I had planned to take the kids to Target tonight just to check that off the list. Sean was working and I felt like torturing myself apparently. Well, after the broccoli fight and then Emily's meltdown I changed the plan to just taking Patrick as it would be easier for Megan to babysit if he was gone. He did okay grocery shopping this morning so I figured it would go well. It did except it took forever and we didn't check out until almost 9:30pm. Yes, I was getting some interesting looks from people who seemed to know that school starts bright and early tomorrow. Slacker mom with her kid out late, finally getting supplies.... It just didn't seem like it would help my case if I started talking loudly to myself about how he has a week until school starts, then I'd be crazy lady talking to myself. Now if this was at Walmart no one would have even noticed us I'm sure.

By the way, the most exciting purchase was a pencil box that locks. After hearing the kids complain for years about the religious education students stealing from their desks on Wednesday nights, we are going to win this year. Unless they steal the whole box... The teachers are well aware and will sometimes even push the desks together so those kids can't get inside them. Ah, a long standing tradition... I even remember it from my years in Catholic school. Megan has graduated to getting a locker she can lock though. Ready for junior high!

No comments: