Friday, August 30, 2013

We got the sign we were looking for


As everyone is sick of hearing about, we've debated and obsessed and lost a lot of sleep about what to do when Sean's commitment to army is up next year. I half joked about waiting for a definite sign as to what to do and in the meantime we did extensive research about many areas, narrowing it down to Nashville and Manhattan. So when a house we'd always admired came on the market we wasted no time. Prior to touring the house I had just thought about how great it would be to tell the kids we bought it and could stay here. Imaging how excited they would be was MY sign. The kids are truly happy here, we are all happy here, life is easy here. So the next sign was "under contract".

As this did happen very quickly and we were in total shock when we got the news that our offer was accepted, we kept the news to a few close friends here. We told our families yesterday and the children only found out this morning. My apologies to other friends who didn't get the news from us but it was apparently very interesting information and spread quickly. If all goes well with inspections, we will close September 30th.

We are currently getting our house in the best possible shape so that inspections won't be an issue and then we will list, hopefully next week. Not an awesome time of year to sell a house but we are fine with having both houses for a while so we can do some renovations before moving in. The kids can't wait and are very excited to tell their friends that we aren't moving away next summer.

More details as we go along. I just had to do this post quickly and explain why I've been quiet on here lately. Now I need to get back to getting the house ready and packing up stuff we won't need for a while. I underestimated how much work this would be. Time to rent a dumpster...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see more pics and visit! Congrats!

Andrea said...

It's not South Bend, but it's pretty awesome!

Heather said...

Kate had an idea: let's hire an instructor and do water aerobics in your pool. :)

julie said...

I hear there is already a group that we could join.... ha ha!