Sunday, August 18, 2013

Back to school night, finally!

The kids were so giddy to see their friends at back to school night. Perhaps I should have arranged more play dates. Oh, lazy, lazy mom. Maybe next year. Patrick is excited to start kindergarten now because he discovered that his favorite kind of legos are there, including "many blue windshields". The angels rejoice! I had no idea this was such an important factor, I would have checked that out sooner so we could have skipped the "angry about going to school phase". It turns out that Patrick was also very concerned that Megan and Anna would be in his class. Sean straightened that out. Bottom line: Patrick needs a break from all the girls in this house, mostly Anna.

The girls are in class with some of their favorite friends and it is looking like a good year for both of them. Megan gets a locker, big excitement there. She will start volleyball practice on Thursday which will be good for her socially I think. She will stay after school for that. My calendar of pick ups and drop offs is looking kind of insane but we'll figure it out. Patrick will do soccer a couple nights each week, Anna is doing tennis just one night each week, the girls have the option to do cross country club 3 nights a week (glad that is optional because some nights just aren't going to work), and the girls will continue with piano. Emily will ride in the car. Sean's schedule has scaled back so that will help too. The nice thing is that we have nothing on the weekends at all, other than watching football, which Sean just had the cable hooked up for (Cheryl, tell Ben, football season is ON).

As for update on our plans for next year, we honestly don't know. Not being coy, just waiting on some answers and options. Every time someone asks me why we are looking at Nashville I forget to say I want to be a country star. I mean, it's so obvious... my huge singing talent, my huge hair, and let's not forget my huge love of cowboy boots and country music! I will admit that the one pair of cowboy boots I tried on (Nana's) were shockingly comfortable, like the most comfortable boots ever, but I haven't gotten past that stage. I also don't mind some crossover country hits, so I am easing in. But the image still makes me hee haw.

The one thing I do know is that a big old house to renovate would be a nightmare. I do listen to the advice of those who have gone through this already, so I am taking that option off the table. So new and normal size is sounding good. Sean will appreciate that budget, seeing how the way we get the budget is I find a house I want and then I ask the bank how much Sean will need to work. Ha! True story and Sean knows it. We stay in this house and Sean can live a life of leisure... unless he wants a Tesla. That will motivate him through some 10 hour shifts...
 This is Patrick disobeying me. We hate when he does these headstands, that just can't be good for your neck. So when he is angry, he does this. Blurry because of his great speed.

 This is definitely the "angry about going to school" stage. I'd like to point out that this is a shot straight from a home magazine too... random princess slipper, Batman wallet... why? WHY??? Patrick asked why I boxed up most their toys a few weeks ago, because no one ever picked them up!!
 Megan setting up her locker. I didn't want to embarrass her by asking her to pose, so I just snuck this.
Emily wasn't feeling good this weekend and was very whiny the whole time we were at school. She even only ate half her ice cream cone, that's how I knew she was sick. Those are some sick eyes. She came home and pretty much put herself to bed, after insisting over and over that she wasn't tired... it quickly changed once I put her on the bed, then she asked me to bring me her toothbrush, she didn't want to get up. She may even be sleeping in this dress... I should go check. I do see that the Batman wallet and slippers are right where I left them at least... such a relief. I'd hate to lose them. Ready for Wednesday!

1 comment:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

That picture of Emily is sad and hilarious at the same time. Like she's just come off an ice cream bender and is ready for tiny tot rehab. That dress looks familiar... :)