Wednesday, August 7, 2013

One more sleep!

I take the littles with me tomorrow to pick up the girls from the KC airport after their many days of fun at Camp Keenan which was the travel version this year it seems. I will post quotes from emails from Nana soon because I couldn't possibly recap it all. Sean had planned to take the day off to pick them up and spare me the drive with the kids but thanks to a certain indictment, we are screwed. I mean, not as bad as the person in jail for the indictment, but these aren't the best travelers. I did point out that Sean could take them to work with him for the day because there is a cubicle free now. Suggestion shot down. Sean just checked to see if the iPad was charged. Whoops, I didn't even think of that, apparently I was just planning on four hours of kids whining. Patrick has been taking out anger on me too. I must be filling in for Anna. We have caught him staring aimlessly into space and Sean correctly identified that as "at a loss for what to do without Anna here to annoy". His life was without purpose. Don't worry Patrick, purpose starts tomorrow. And school starts two weeks from today... maybe that is why he is angry. I have some concerns, I took this photo today at Varsity Donuts:

Nope, I didn't flip the photo. He is just so gifted that he can write so you can read it in the mirror. Good luck kindergarten teacher! Sean worked with him tonight, I think we have clarified a few things...

I just read a quote in the paper that is from the Charleston Tea Plantation, "Start your day slowly and then taper off from there". Yep, sums up our summer and most certainly these past couple weeks since we got home from vacation. Hermit much? Yes. In my defense most of my close friends have been gone so I've been inside emailing those who live far away. Poor Carrie, Carrie and Lisa... I had jokingly told the kids to not tell Daddy how much TV they watched today so then of course Emily had to confess to him. I got them out to the fountains in the morning and then got donuts so clearly we deserved an afternoon of leisure and email and TV.

Tomorrow we also have a meeting with the ND Development representative with other area alumni. We happen to live next door to one of the few others in the area and I joked with them about how I didn't know if Sean could make it but that's okay, I have the checkbook. Totally deadpan they said, "so this isn't an outreach program?". Ah, we are due for our football donation anyway if we want tickets in 2014. Or more importantly, if we want our kids to qualify for legacy status. I guess with the GI Bill we could allow one child to go now... who is our favorite?! Post your guess in the comments!

4 comments:

heather said...

I've been having "oh sh*t" moments this week as I realize that maybe we should have done a little bit of school work this summer. Oh well. I'm over it.

Megan's gonna look good in green. ;)

Andrea said...

I think the girls would make lovely Belles which only leave Patrick for ND. But that doesn't solve the problem of outrageous tuition.

Stephanie said...

We had a card in the mailbox from my little neighbor June, who starts Kindergarten in a few weeks also.
She signed her name completely mirror like Patrick. Must be something about that age!

Marjie said...

very common dyslexia from the Boehmer side of the family. Still can be an engineer.