We attended a heartbreaking yet inspiring rosary and visitation tonight for someone we knew through Mardi Gras planning. I debated whether we knew him well enough to go but realized that I would of course want to pay condolences to the wife, whom I spent more time with on projects. I tend to run into her around town frequently and I would not want to put her in the difficult position of having to hear how sorry I was at say, the grocery store. She is the epitome of graciousness, I'd hate to inadvertently upset her if she finally manages to have a good day.
I only bring this up because it would be a shame if after all that has happened, no lessons were learned. There was talk tonight of the desire to be perfect and how falling short of that can lead to hopelessness. Working to look perfect and thus hide that hopelessness is the tragedy. We need to accept imperfections and move on together. And you know, talk about the real issues and work through them. I hope healing started tonight for the family and true friends and that they felt our compassion. That strong wife just asked me to pray for her husband. We are praying for all of them....
No comments:
Post a Comment