Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mommy Servant

So Anna says something to me the other day about how I am her servant. I do make a lot of comments about how I am NOT their servant, but apparently those are ignored. So I ask her what she means because I am most definitely not her servant and she says, "But you serve me lunch". Yes, good point, but don't call me your servant. So then she decides to call me "Mommy Servant" instead. I give up. It is time to enforce the chore list.

3 comments:

Katie said...

try making mommy dearest sound like a put down - that would be fun to hear her say!

VAMOM said...

We took Leo and a friend to DC during a hurricane evacuation when they were in 8th grade. We were passing the Freddie Mac building and the friend points out "That is where my mother used to work." I asked if she still worked and he replied .."No she doesn't work anymore"...long pause and then "Well, actually I guess you could say she works for me."
Things are always funnier when they are true.

julie said...

Yes, we can't make up stuff like this. I just need to work on reversing it... considering ordering fairy costumes for the girls, one can be the dish fairy and the other can be the laundry fairy. THey are young, but trainable.