Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

To ME! Oh man, I had no idea how excited I would be to NOT cook this year. I obviously enjoy cooking (due to my love of eating) and I make the Barefoot Contessa's "Not Thanksgiving" menu a few times a year, mostly so we can enjoy real turkey sandwiches, but I am just too tired this year to deal with it all just for the 4 of us, oh wait, I guess we are 5 now. Whoops. I reminded Sean that he wouldn't get to scrub the roasting rack today and he didn't exactly weep. Now I have more time to organize some of the closets and baskets of toys so we know just how much Santa does NOT need to bring. Actually, maybe Sean should do this since he is opposed to my idea for a minimalist approach to gifts this year, i.e. one thing they really really want from Santa and then stockings and gifts from the many relatives. He usually cracks and runs out on xmas eve to beef up the tree with more toys.

Once the house is really clean I can think about getting out xmas decor. I refuse to decorate for one holiday before another one is past, so I guess I can start tomorrow. I heard Denis asking why we had 3 trees in our storage room when he came over to help Sean remove the dead fridge the other day (many thanks Denis and Nancy for getting rid of that for us!!), so clearly decorating for xmas is no small task around here. And it will be lots of fun with Patrick, the un-decorator around this year... and here is a photo of him from the park yesterday, using my new filter.

2 comments:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Amen Sister! No cooking sounds great. I just finally went out to shop for my provisions this afternoon before the stores closed. It was actually relaxing. Oh and I dumped a whole mess of stupid toys at good will last month to make room too. Clearly when it comes to Christmas you and Kevin see eye to eye. I'm Sean - bolting to buy more stuff!!

Anonymous said...

It feels like a holiday not to cook.