Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
What's that smell?
Sean was out of town last night so when he called in for his nightly check I informed him that the house smells funny. It's kind of like pickle juice. Now, one of our neighbors had an incident where her children ate and dumped a jar of roasted red peppers on her bedroom carpet, so for mine to trickle pickle juice throughout the house is not an unreasonable fear. But, I didn't see an empty jar or any green spots. It was really quite puzzling until I smashed a ladybug before it snuck into my bed and the odor was released. Bingo, mystery solved. I don't think I can stand 4-6 more weeks of ladybug invasions so I hope the paper is wrong about that. We don't even have that many and they are better than roaches, but it's still annoying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ill trade pickle juice scent for fruit flies buzzing around your face.
great so lady bugs stink? We have a lot - mostly outside the house, but I am now finding them inside and you can't kill them here (with pesticides anyway) because they are protected!
We have had ladybug invasions two of the last three years at Wintergreen. I am talking hundreds..maybe even thousands and yes they smell. The only way we could control them was to vacuum them up with an attachment on the vacuum cleaner. We will be gone for almost two weeks and I shudder to think what we will find when we return...and yes, hundreds of ladybugs beat just one giant roach in the "ick factor" category.
These are the Japanese lady bugs, imported to eat some soybean pest. Every time it gets warm in the fall and winter they are everywhere. Note: if they get in a glass of water it tastes awful.
They bite too, and it hurts.
And mom is right, they aren't normal lady bugs.
Post a Comment