Friday, November 28, 2008

Mining for Gold

I don't know which is more embarrassing, the fact that I haven't organized the storage room in the 2 years we've lived here or that Sean forgot we had an extra DVD player. When I was getting the xmas chaos out of the storage room tonight I decided to move stuff around since there was extra room to shuffle. So nice having the elephant of a fridge out of there, not to mention the xmas trees. Anyway, in the piles of electronics boxes that Sean hordes I found one that was surprisingly heavy. I figured it just had old cords and such in it (have about 5 of those boxes) but was quite mystified to open it up and find what appeared to be a never-used DVD player. I dragged it out to show Sean and he had vague flashbacks of getting it with the sound system, some package deal, was waiting until our other DVD player died. Huh, very convenient memory loss there as one did in fact just croak and he decided it was time to Blu-ray it. So we tried it out and it works, perhaps is a little outdated but I think I know someone who won't say no to a free DVD player. Merry Christmas Stephanie!! We'll throw in some DVDs too, unless you are ready for Netflix?

Also, the winner of the 1st xmas card contest is the Corum family, friends of mine from the Indy days. They actually tied with Conroe Medical Center but since I don't even know what state that is in, it doesn't count.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's perfect.
I may do netflix, but Sunny is worth owning. Katie and Mark got me the first two seasons already.
:) Yay.
Oh, I sent some gifts with mom and dad and forgot Anna's book which I just barely finished in time. I will mail it.

Anonymous said...

Do I get a prize? I was thinking our card looked a little fallish, so I wanted to strike before Thanksgiving was a distant memory. Loved your card, your children are beautiful and wouldn't believe
Anna was ornery if I didn't have one at home just like her...except for the boy parts of course.