So anyway last weekend was insanely busy with multiple birthday parties (Anna's entire class has turned 5 in the past month, I swear) and a Daisy party here and then the most memorable promotion party EVER. We will be talking about that party in the retirement home, I assure you. And here is the key to a memorable party: invite people from work that most people don't know, so when they get obnoxiously drunk and cause many awkward moments, you will be all fired up to confront them later about their attempts to drive themselves home. My apologies to the host who saw my German temper that flares up every 8 years. I am so relaxed now that I won't need a single drink on NYE and can drive everyone home. Sean works at 2am so the bus leaves before that....
This weekend was our recovery weekend which really was nice during this hectic holiday season. I declined a few opportunities that the girls had for the weekend which gave us time for a last minute visit with their much beloved old babysitter who recently had her own baby. Always interesting to see what happens when the babysitter can no longer go home and recover from all day with the kids. That first baby is always a shock to the lifestyle. I will try to post a photo from that, such a tiny little guy! Patrick was very suspicious.
We also took a drive to see the Christmas lights on Saturday night. We thought we would hit some of the nicer neighborhoods first (no mocking, those of you not from Kansas, houses are just more modest here as are the people which is a refreshing change!). There were some decent displays there but we quickly learned that the Grizwald-types live in a different area so we moved on to a neighborhood with all those blow up decorations, the girls were thrilled and I think even Patrick was getting into it. But no, we will not be getting the big blow up Santa Tigger for our yard....
Sean did put in his hours reading and playing with the kids which was appreciated by all, so I think this new schedule will work out just fine. The girls will be happy that Santa ordered presents last month though, haha!
4 comments:
A secret passageway?? Like on Webster. I always wanted one of those. I've been thinking about the Sheahan lights display in Mt. Pleasant and how I would love to see that again. Nothing compares.
Yes, Sean is all about the secret passageway, I am thinking it could lead to his office. Sheahan's house was off the hook! Remember the year the neighborhood had a brown out from their display?? Perhaps it was unrelated but I know there was a transformer or something that had sparks flying and it was in their alley.
There was an article in the Morning sun on Sunday about the Sheahans with pics. www.themorningsun.com It was good and had family news too.
Add me to the list of "has always wanted a secret passageway" people.
Post a Comment