The traditional reading of The Night Before Christmas, the actual book Sean had growing up. It is inscribed to "Chris" though, from Aunt Maureen. Hmm, what sort of parents change their child's name when he is 2? (I like the name Sean better, so not complaining). Too bad more parents don't do that... ahem, "Secret Love". Whatever could be the story behind her conception??
Anyway, Sean and I tried to hit a variety of masses on Christmas eve without the kids, "date night" and finally found one with seats still available that didn't require us to watch it on a TV in an auxiliary room. Call me a bad Catholic if you will, but if I'm going to watch it on TV then it's my own TV and it's the Basilica of the Sacred Heart from Notre Dame. Of course, any true ND alum wasn't watching mass last night, they were watching history end. Yes, the 9 game losing streak in bowl games has ended. Waiting for ND to call today.... "ah yes, you said you would donate to us when we managed to win a bowl game again, did you happen to tune in to Sports Center this morning?" Thankfully it was not the BCS championship game because that would have been expensive for me, having pledged to send Sean to it if ND ever makes it in. Yeah, I'm saving pennies in a drawer, figure by the time that happens I will have enough. $1.45 so far, feeling good.
1 comment:
wonderful picture...and to clarify...we were in Germany when Sean was born. Not many called him Chris...we told family members we thought we would call him chris and Aunt Maureen sent the book to Germany. The grandparents called him all sorts of nicknames trying to get one to stick and then we settled on Sean before we returned to the states. I love nicknames and have not had a child or grandchild yet with a nickname. Bridget says some of her friends didn't get their nicknames till college so I guess there is still hope.
Post a Comment