My favorite game in junior high gym class was Capture the Flag. I can't remember the exact rules but the point is that you try to get into the other team's side and grab their flag and run back to your side. It must be genetic because this is also Patrick's favorite game! We play all day long and my side consists of all the areas he is not supposed to go into... the bathrooms, my bedroom, the girls' bedroom, the office, and various kitchen cupboards that I have latched shut. He has learned which object gets the most reaction when he is caught with it, so that is of course the flag. Now he doesn't even play with the flag, he just runs out into his side, proudly waving the flag, declaring victory. Let me review the flags based on location:
1. Girls' bathroom: a roll of toilet paper (he no longer unrolls it and makes a big mess on the floor, a perk)
2. My bathroom: the toilet plunger (I once caught him with his hand up inside it, we washed hands for a very long time that day)
3. Under the kitchen sink: paper towels (again, no longer unrolls it so I'm not complaining)
4. Girls' bedroom: their water cups (this one still involves dumping the water on the floor first)
5. The office: this is slightly different... can be an ornament off the tree or if Sean is working and ignoring him, he will merely turn off the power on the power strip (always good for some new vocabulary)
Needless to say, we are keeping busy around here. This is the main reason I have taken major short cuts this holiday season. Way more relaxing and no one has complained yet, so this may be the way we do it from now on. Many thanks to the elves who start wrapping the minute I check that box for gift wrapping and shipping... I only go to the post office for those in Iraq. I figure that is the least I can do.... poor Bridget is missing her second Christmas in a row. I trust that Christmas next year is going to be off the hook!
2 comments:
Dad and I both laughed out loud when we read number five. That is a good one Patrick.
sounds busy and it sure sucks to be on the losing team all the time.
Post a Comment