Friday, March 12, 2010

Excitement, or not


This is the kind of weekend we have lined up: playing with random kitchen items and making a huge mess. What could be more fun than ripping apart all the bread bag ties and spreading them on the floor? Well, putting them into a big soup ladle of course. And then taking them to my room and throwing the ties all over, before piling up all my pillows and yelling when they tip over. The girls get out of school early today too so they will have more time to complain about Sean being gone to Vegas. It is rather telling when Sean is much more concerned and feeling guilty about not being at work and his coworkers having to work extra, than he is about leaving us home. I guess we are a little too self-sufficient. I don't even feel like ordering myself something pretty as I often threaten. I have four boxes of stuff that didn't fit right that I have to mail back as it is. I give up.

We will attempt the parade tomorrow but I draw the line at running in the race pushing 4 kids in a stroller. Yes, Megan would love it if I'd let her ride in the stroller, there is apparently no shame in being lazy. At some point tomorrow she will be sitting in it because her legs will be tired. Sean will be back Sunday night but then heads right off to work while the kids have spring break. Maybe some year we will go on a real vacation all together, just hard right now with 2 little ones and 2 different work schedules. At least the girls are just happy to not go to school, they don't know that other kids go to Disney for break...

No comments: