Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Irish Up
I'm not sure how it happened but somehow I ended up making corned beef for dinner tonight. At some point the 25% Irish part of me took over the grocery cart and grabbed a hunk of fatty meat in red juice and then boiled it per the instructions. Blah. Everyone ate it, everyone got really really thirsty, our arteries started closing up and we threw the rest away. Sean said he had his fill of corn beef for a few months. A few months?! Umm, I think we're good from here on out. We can do potatoes (except Anna who thinks she doesn't like them) and I can keep beer in the house for guests, but that's the limit, folks. No, not even a Shamrock shake, not after the Shamrock shake hurling incident of spring break 1990 in Charlie Lux's van. In fact, I bet the other 5 people in that van have never had one again either. My apologies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I don't do cabbage but I can make a corned beef that will make you beg for more thanks to Jim O'Brien and his family recipe!
Corn Beef is all about how you cook it. I did one last year and it was very good and pretty lean. And no I have no desire to ever have a shamrock milkshake ever since that incident. In fact I don't think I've ever had one.
Yup-no shamrock shakes for me. I even involuntarily wince when someone talks about them. Love to tell the story.
Yes, with 7 minutes to go in the 24 hour drive I apparently had had enough. I love to tell the story about Andrea spraying the crowd at the fair when she puked on the swing carousel. And how no one was eager to go up and claim her afterwards...
I make a reuben roll that uses corned beef - but I always buy the lowest fat deli kind and shred it. That actually sounds good to me right now...
Thanks for the memories girls. Dad
7 minutes!?!? I was young but I seem to remember it happening around the michigan border, but I could be making up memories. I will however never forget the smell.
it was on the exit ramp to MP. I'm sure it seemed longer to everyone in the van....
she got it in Lansing or something and we were almost to the first Mt. P exit. Not nearly as hilarious as the fair I must admit.
Post a Comment