Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Okay, last time I mention white kitchen

Here it is, page 130 of the latest House Beautiful, Kitchen of the Month: "We live in the era of the white kitchen." Do you hear that, Kansas builder? It's an ERA. And I am missing out. By the time I can build it, they will be mocking it. Oh no, will oak be back in style then?! I am afraid so because the next line in the article is, "But here's one that makes a compelling case for the beauty of wood." They use washed oak and it looks nothing like the oak of the 80s but I think out of principle I will avoid it. In my current kitchen which is usually messy and full of kid clutter, I keep a photo of the one I will build someday. It is in this month's Coastal Living but I am unable to find the photo online to post here. Trust me, it is perfect in every way and there are no juice box straws or crayon wrappers stuck to the floor. Spring break is not kind to this house.

No comments: