Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend Update

Not much to report as usual, but that won't stop me. Sean got to spend one less hour in Vegas than planned thanks to the time change but that didn't translate into one less hour of having the kids alone for me. I made the mistake of changing the clocks last night so the girls got up at their usual clock time, never mind it should have felt an hour earlier to them. Patrick is clearly a genius because he still managed to get up at his usual 6:33 a.m., the darkness did not fool him. Perhaps someone in the neighborhood has an idea of what happens that wakes him up at the same time everyday. Plane? Neighbor going to work? Dog getting let out? Whatever it is, I have no problem sleeping through it. It's the yelling for Bar-bar (Barney) that wakes me up.

I did manage a few good workouts this weekend. I got the sitter so I could go to yoga which was stupid because then I was very sore which made my usual chores quite difficult, say holding a baby while walking around for hours. We went to the St. Pat's parade which was chilly and had a lot of questionable "entries", but the effort paid off because then we got lunch at the Palace, where someone held Emily so I could eat (thanks!). It really wore the little ones out so they then took a 3 hour nap at the same time (shocking considering Patrick hasn't napped in at least a week). I didn't nap but I laid down without moving because I was so sore for a good 2 hours of that time, while threatening the big girls every time they came upstairs. I eventually had to change to bribery and thus after picking up a nutritious dinner at Wendy's, we went to Target for "Daddy is in Vegas, here is your reward toy". A couple mermaid dolls later we made it home and the girls then took a 2 hour play bath involving the new toys and an entire bottle of shampoo. I don't know if we'll ever get the bubbles out of the tub.

My workout today was church. I didn't break a sweat this time but that's because I have learned to wear lighter clothing. While I was putting Emily in her seat to leave, Anna and Patrick escaped outside to sit on some bench swing thing. Megan was oblivious and had no idea where they went. I used this as an excuse to not let them watch TV the rest of the day. I am so tired of hearing it. Going to be a long week. And as for all those people posting on Facebook about their awesome spring break trips: dislike button.

Sean is at least on the way home from the airport now. I will be heading out to sit in the hot tub as soon as the garage door opens... it would be with a bottle of wine, but remember, Target doesn't sell wine in Kansas. Neither does Wendy's. Some would say I have whined enough though, haha!

No comments: