Thursday, September 23, 2010

Go with the flow baby


We just wrapped up a rather hectic couple days with my parents here, various house inspections, contractor meetings, transportation problems, general lack of sleep, etc. and through it all Emily barely made a peep (she even got another tooth during this). We always have kid chaos here but I try to keep things low key for the neglected baby. Today I had to take her on a crazy ride in the stroller to go get the van and then later I had to wake her up from her nap to go talk to the floor guy and she was totally fine. Not a single fuss. I also kept giving her food all day, easier to keep her in her highchair while I cleaned before the inspection, so maybe that helped. Now Patrick was pretty much the opposite so maybe we are just working off the good kid/ bad kid dynamic.

Whatever is working there is much appreciated and frankly, it's all I want for my birthday. Anna asked me if Sean could take her to the store tomorrow to buy me a present and I told her I would rather just have good behavior from her. Yeah, she wasn't going for it, much easier to spend Dad's money. Kind of reminds me of Modern Family where Gloria pays for Jay's birthday trip to Hawaii. "Where does everyone think Gloria gets her money?"

ps Thanks to whoever sent me the awesome cake! I know it's a Keenan, just not sure which one. It's too good to share with the kids...

No comments: