Thursday, September 30, 2010

Not sure how to feel about this...

Anna got a punch in some good behavior card at school and she was so proud telling Sean about it. She had answered a tough question about what a community is. Proud to say that I sit down and review vocabulary words with the kids every night and of course as I drive them around town. I keep a list with me at all times and we just review them when we have a spare moment. Ha. Ha. Ha. Of course she learned it on TV! Good old Martha Speaks taught her that one. Cyberchase is teaching her about fractions and the Bachelor is teaching her about drinking and hot tubs. She may not have to actually study until college, unless she goes to a really fun one, then who knows, she might just slide into MBA school without even noticing.

The other incident that we aren't sure how to feel about happened when we were out on date night this week and the waitress asked if the check was together or separate. I found it hilarious at first, reminded me of Modern Family where Gloria plans a trip to Hawaii for the whole family and surprises Jay with it. Everyone talks about how generous Gloria is and Jay finally says, where does everyone think Gloria gets her money?? Anyway, then we later wondered just what the waitress was thinking... awkward first date, who pays for that? Or business colleagues with separate expense accounts? Should we have been making out at the table to help clarify the situation? It could always be worse... I remember more than once people thought my high school boyfriend was my brother. Definitely knew how to feel about that comment.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Better that they thought that your boyfriend was your brother than thinking your brother was your boyfriend. Because I did that to a girl at church a few months ago. I told her that I thought she and her boyfriend were so cute together. She didn't have a boyfriend. We figured out I was talking about her brother. Ewww.

Andrea said...

Very, very funny. I'm always slightly embarrassed when Charlie uses big vocabulary words from tv. I almost don't want to explain.

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Garrett loves some stupid cartoon called "Chowder". All the characters have food names. In an effort to look like I was trying - I made him memorize what all the foods were. Of course now, he keeps asking when we can make paninis.