Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Revenge of the Van

Yes, I was mocking the van and exposing how the kids pimped it out with crayons, so it decided to go all crazy on me and not start today after school. Thankfully I didn't have the littles with me because that would have been even more inconvenient. The first thing Sean tells me is that I am not getting a new house AND a new car for my birthday. Hello, Christmas is coming. Yes, but hopefully it's not Christmas for the mechanic.

So here's another tip for those of you who ignored this blog and went on to get pregnant a 4th time anyway... for that 2nd vehicle, go ahead and pick one out that can seat more than 4 people. We're in the midst of the Perfect Storm here, a lot of places to be tomorrow and one small car to make it happen. I'm having flashbacks to the two months before Emily was born when we kept trying to work out a plan for what would happen when I went into labor. I had babysitters on alert, neighbors and friends to help out, and many, many hospital call schedules to consider. Normally it is helpful that a lot of our friends are medical, but not so helpful when I need someone to come stay with my kids in the middle of the night but their husband might be working and thus, they can't leave their own house. I assure you, it was a logistical nightmare. (Of course Emily waited until I was induced when my parents were here, all that stress for nothing except sleepless nights.)

Which brings me to tomorrow... I've got inspectors coming to my trashed house (at school pick up time), a floor guy coming to the new house (at a yet to be determined time, surprise me!), kids who need to get to/from school, Sean who needs to get to/from work, sitter who can't come tomorrow, no room for the littles in the car, and NO HARD CIDER LEFT. Yes, there is a reason for that last item. I need some sleep tonight...

No comments: