Best Cake Ever: www.carolinescakes.com
The caramel cake is worth every cent (and calorie). We first had this at the Outer Banks Keenan Reunion thanks to the Buffalo Keenans. Warning, it is not as big as the picture leads you to believe, and thus if you try to share it with 35 Keenans, you will get a very thin slice. So to make up for that tease, I am eating the entire thing by myself (pretty much), thanks to the best in-laws EVER for my birthday treat. I did share with a dear friend who is going in for surgery though. She is very thin and needs the calories, and I'm not totally selfish and heartless. Of course I am not letting my own children have any. I mean, come on, they think the best dessert ever is an Oreo, it's good for them to have something better to look forward to someday. I have also learned that something else delicious is coming in the mail and that I need to hurry up and finish this one. I am afraid that the second piece (TODAY's second piece) may have pushed me over the edge though. Sean, you have permission to have some after your shift is over tonight, I suppose you have earned it.
UND on my caller ID
I am a loyal alumni, but there is a limit. That limit is 1 and 3. Do not ask for more money until I can fly my flag again. Also, you have lots of money already. Let's just say there was a high five yesterday after the 3rd loss, celebrating the timing of us canceling the season tickets. You know what I am going to love way more than a bunch of heartbreaking football losses? Hardwood floors in the kids' rooms. They are going to look awesome, unlike the defense AND the offense.
Hoarders Support Group
Whenever I get a box in the mail, I quickly pack up some of our stuff for the move. I know, I could actually make an effort to go get boxes and do this for real, but that would require planning. This is about all the motivation I can manage with 5 weeks to go. So as I am packing up stuff I won't need for 5 weeks it occurs to me that unless it is holiday stuff, it is stuff I can probably manage without forever, so I reflected back on some lessons learned from the show Hoarders, and started filling up the van.
I have posted about this so many times that no doubt some of you question whether there is indeed anything left IN my house. Yes, yes there is, thanks to the children and their little backpacks. They're like circus cars... how can so much crap come out of one bag, night after night after night. I think magazine sales would be more successful if you didn't punish the parents by giving the children prizes to bring home. No, I do not need 3 squishy brains, thank you. Every time I throw one away, another appears. Are they mating behind the dryer? How is this possible? And if I step on one in the middle of the night and think that it's a snake, well, someone is going to have to pay for my therapy. Ah, well, the army is good for something! That and how they pay for packers and movers if you move on their schedule, i.e. not just to another house in town because your children are too loud for your current home. Which brings me to my final point tonight:
LOUD CHILDREN
Now that we have decided to move, it can't come soon enough. It seems that the children grow louder every day and I spend most of my day trying to keep them quiet. Someone is always sleeping or working and the remaining occupants try to prevent that. I keep hoping that when Sean has to call the ER with results that they don't notice the noise in the background because it is also loud where they are. I was just going to start training the children to make hospital type noises and use medical words (code brown instead of change my diaper, for example) when we lucked into this new house. We will miss this house but I am ready for more wine, I mean, more space.
1 comment:
you have another package coming Thursday, but I think this is a good one to freeze and snack on as you go. oink it down!
Post a Comment