Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Kid Junk
Ah, as November 1st approaches, I am feeling the need to get rid of kid junk so it doesn't immediately clutter the new house. I am trying to do it gradually so the kids don't realize of course. I just did desk drawers and the art area today, 3 bags to trash, 3 bags to charity (whichever one will accept it, again, I am missing the junk dealers in San Antonio who would troll for this stuff). Anyway, for now I am letting the "rock" collection stay as they are obsessed with it and I am hoping to convince them to find a place for it in the new backyard. But this collection I had no trouble tossing. I realize it is at least better than the acorn collection some friends had... mmm, acorns full of maggots... Let the record show there are NO MAGGOTS in our house, just in case our buyers run across this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Please, please send some of your motivation this way!!!
Ok, maybe you just did. I am standing up and walking away from the computer. I am getting a garbage bag and heading upstairs.
On another note...do you ever wonder how the kids will feel about us when they read these blogs one day?
I already had 2 blog books printed up and I hid them so Megan wouldn't find them and read them... must at least wait until she stops believing in Santa and Tooth Fairy.
If you need more motivation, watch Hoarders. I had a brief window of time without children and loaded up on iced tea to take advantage. If I had the full school day everyday without kids I wouldn't get as much done but I would get more showers!
I'm glad you mentioned the blog book. I thought about getting you one for Christmas.
Post a Comment