I finally finished my homework assignment... writing back to my sister's 4th grade students. This may be the last time she asks me to participates. My final letter:
Dear Connor,
I just told your classmate Jacob a hopefully funny story, so now I have a different one for you. One time when your teacher was about your age we went to the county fair. Mrs. Dunn was riding on the carousel that is made up of swings, so it's like you are flying around in a circle up on a swing. It is pretty awesome. However, it is not awesome when you get sick to your stomach like Mrs. Dunn did. Oh no, not awesome at all. Poor Mrs. Dunn threw up and sprayed the crowd below with vomit. I can't stop laughing as I type this. The worst part is that when they stopped the ride the rest of Mrs. Dunn's family was afraid to go claim her, she was a bit of a mess. I'm pretty sure she never went to the fair again and the crowd is quite grateful for that.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Keenan
ps I hope you are very good for Mrs. Dunn this year or else she might spray the class with vomit. Just saying you might want to keep a rain jacket in your desk to be safe.
5 comments:
A+ letter!!
And Mrs. Dunn will not be happy, a funny family memory for the rest of us!
Oh dear.
I clearly recall this and I do remember slunking away. And now I can't stop laughing.
As a retired 4th grade teacher, Connor will continue to remind your sister of her trip to the fair throughout the year! That was the funniest story I have ever heard! You gave all the details that a 4th grade boy would love and if they share their letters with the class, he won't be able to read it without laughing.
By the way...love the patio and basketball court!!!
Post a Comment