There is some kid song with the line, "what do you do with your baby brother early in the morning?" and the real song is about a drunken sailor. I think a 3 year old at 5am is not much different than a drunken sailor, highly annoying and loud, bad breath, smells like pee, the list goes on. We are out of ideas of what to do with our little drunken sailor. Several other parents assured us that locking his door would help and not be that cruel but this is one loud sailor so I end up releasing him at first kick which is usually 5am but sometimes 3am. He usually bursts out sans pajamas so perhaps being cold and sleeping on the carpet is not encouraging a full night's sleep. Maybe the hardwoods in his new bedroom will put a stop to that but I am not real hopeful. In fact, we have seriously debated whether or not we should go buy him a mattress for the new house. Girls are going back to twin beds so we will need one more twin. There are a lot of other items I would rather buy first, like chairs for the kitchen table. And perhaps a really cushy rug for Patrick's room.
Anyway, the girls were woken up by him again this morning so all were grumpy. Anna did not want to go to school today for some reason (hmm, maybe it's the rosary thing the whole school is doing, what fun for a 1st grader!) but I convinced her that staying home with Patrick would not be much fun, trust me. The girls have been fighting a lot too, mostly at night when they are sharing a queen bed, so we keep reminding them that will end soon. The bedtime fights better end too because Emily will be also sharing their room and if they wake her up at night it will not be pretty. She was up 3 times last night so perhaps teething is back on, just in time for packing hell week. This just may be the situation that I have saved coffee for. I may head out today and find a nice coffee based drink to ease my way in. Belgium Heather will be so proud! She's been working on me for years.
My sailor has wandered off, I should go make sure he isn't peeing on a floor someplace. After all the stuff I did to wear him out yesterday he should still be tired, so maybe he will go back to bed. A mom can dream, just not at night when she is woken up every 2 hours....
2 comments:
Get yourself a Senseo. You can buy the little pods in all varieties of coffee to include hot chocolate, and that way you aren't committed to a whole pot of coffee. Since having to get all new appliances due to voltage, we went with the Senseo instead of the beloved coffee pot! You can do it!
I hope that Drunken Sailor of yours behaves himself and gives you a break. Hang in there!
I laughed out loud several times over this post. Seriously, I'd love to cuddle my toddler in the morning but you're right. The bad breath, the pee on the pjs, the loud demands for JUICE AND A SNACK AND A CARTOON...Sober up first, child, then talk to me.
Post a Comment