There is so much to do for this move, so naturally the first thing is to blog about it. There have been times lately where I have questioned our sanity as this is a lot of work and I'm not sure that it was necessary. We have a great house, everything is how I want it, great neighbors.... the list goes on. But then the children wake up and I realize it IS necessary. Oh so necessary. Oh the loudness. Poor Sean. He only worked until 2am last night though, my sympathy level isn't that high today and I need to get working.
I started painting the girls' bedroom last night and let me assure you, it is pink. Not sure how to describe it... Mary Kay pink? Stomach medicine pink? Barbie pink? Makes no difference, when 3 little girls are sharing a room, it can be any pink and they will be happy. They better love it because the hardwood floors are put in tomorrow and there is no time to change it. The hardwood floors are in homage to the last owner as she said that was going to be her next project and I figured it would be far easier to do it now before we move in. Sean is not fully on board with this but I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than just one of his media projects so he has been grumbling only to himself. Once he has his new TVs he will be so distracted that I will move on to other projects, heh heh.
The great box migration will start soon and I will begin the task of figuring out where to put everything in this house full of crazy built in storage everywhere you turn. Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic for an organizational freak like myself, but it is daunting as I look at boxes full of stuff I probably don't need anyway. This house is too nice for my junk, I may just have to start over. I promise you, Sean is rolling his eyes right now in his sleep.
The kids are acting up in an awful way today, too much change perhaps. I asked Patrick if he was worried about the move and he whispered, "yes". Then I asked him if the looming election day was stressing him out, "yes". How about global warming, the cancellation of Parks and Rec on NBC, and the possibility that we might run out of candy tonight and have some angry trick-or-treaters? All yes. The boy is ripe for therapy. He's not the only one. I must end this procrastination. The work begins...
2 comments:
THEY CANCELED PARKS AND REC?!
If you run out of candy, you could just set a box of stuff you don't want to bring to the new house and leave it on the porch. One person's junk is another person's treasure....
Hang in there...not much longer.
Mix in some rocks and quarters like they do on "Charlie Brown Halloween", or whatever it is called.
Then it's really Trick or Treat!
Post a Comment