Saturday, October 30, 2010

Working on the night shift

There certainly are challenges to Sean working moonlighting shifts at night, but sometimes it works to my advantage. Yesterday Patrick was put in time-out in his room to calm down at 5pm, and he certainly did:




He fell asleep in the stroller last week and slept on through until morning so we were hoping this would be a repeat performance. No such luck. I think he got up the first time right as I was going to bed and since Sean wasn't working yet he dealt with him. He must have gotten him back in bed, I mean, back on his floor, because then right at midnight when Sean was starting his shift Patrick walked in his office and announced that he would need to clean him up. Mmm, barf fest.

I have to confess the rest of the details are blurry to me as I was exhausted after freezing at a game and then thawing out in the hot tub, but when I woke up with Emily after Sean went to bed at 5am, Patrick was asleep on the office floor. Then when Patrick woke me for morning entertainment, I noticed that Sean had kept up with the barf laundry. The laundry fairy DOES exist!! Maybe someday the dishes fairy will make an appearance!! I suppose I will make an extra effort to keep the kids quiet this morning while he sleeps. One of his last shifts here in this house, so the end is in sight for him. His nice quiet office awaits.... We close on Monday and the furniture guys come move us next Saturday. Somehow I will get all the little junk over there in the meantime, thanks to Super Nana who is coming to entertain the children. No worries, Patrick is back to full energy, I think the barf thing was a fluke, everyone else feels fine.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

The repeated throwing up and resulting laundry is the worst. Points to Sean for keeping up.

Marjie said...

Double moonlighting points for Sean.