Friday, October 22, 2010

SLEEP

To keep this brief, I will cut out all the swearing and cursing. Just know that every other word should have a descriptive one before it. This week has been legendary for no sleeping and pretty much everyone and everything has been involved. First off, as mentioned before Emily has been sick and while she no longer has a fever, something is going on and she may just wake up with 6 new teeth this morning. So at night she doesn't just get up to eat for a few minutes, no, she is up for a long time and is very angry. Patrick has also started getting up at 5am, not sure why other than he likes to get in our bed, sit on my pillow and cough in my face. Sometimes we trick him into moving to the couch and other times we turn a movie on for him downstairs. I think perhaps the sprinkler coming on at 5am is to blame for that one and I need to just turn it off but I only think that at 5am and by then it's too late, damage is done. Megan just told me that Patrick went into their room at 6am today and told them that Santa came. What?? How does he even remember this concept? The girls also woke me up at 6am the other day, told me they were hungry. Ah, kitchen is closed? They are almost 7 and 9, for the love of all things holy, just get out a box of cereal. ARGH.

Oh, and Sean has been on army call this week and lots of people are having headaches, which means CT scans. Don't worry, the CTs were all normal because THEY ALWAYS ARE. Sometimes when people drink alcohol they get headaches, it's called a hangover. Tylenol, sleep, bloody mary, those all work better than CT scans when it comes to curing a hangover. If I sound unsympathetic it's because I am. If they would even charge the patients 50 cents to get a CT then I'm sure they could cut the workload in half. But no, it's such a great attention seeking tool to be able to say at work the next day, "oh, my headache was so bad that I went to the ER at 2am and they GAVE ME A CT". Fools. Enjoy that higher cancer rate from the radiation exposure. I think 95% of ER visits on holidays are for attention too (slight tangent here).

"How was your Christmas?"

"It was awful, I spent the whole day waiting in the ER where they ran a bunch of tests on me."

"Oh, what did they find?"

"Nothing, those doctors are useless."

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Yes but I feel it is coming back because it's almost New Year's Eve and no one has invited me out and I will need more attention."

The part that really burns me up is that these people could be home sleeping in their nice quiet houses and here I am living in a bleeping circus. Tempted to go get a hotel room for a night but I am prissy and only want my own bed now. It's so hard to be me. I'm hoping the new house cures a lot of this, the bedrooms are farther away from the living and working areas and there is no sprinkler because the only patch of grass is the size of the Civic. Oh and that is not enough room to play Bocce ball which means I can give our set away. I have also been woken up by Patrick playing that in the basement, throwing the balls into the baseboards. I can't wait to move!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Marjie said...

This too shall pass.

Remember how you girls used to make your sandwiches for school lunch the night before. Time to develop some life skills.

H said...

Time for Mommy to fly to Europe. A day trip to Paris and lots of French wine will make you feel much better.

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Wow. You need a spa day. The hangover CT, as told by Julie, is a hilarious phnomenon.