Sunday, October 24, 2010

I am fine, just whiny

It appears that the whining has paid off though as we got a couple boxes of chocolate energy in the mail. Sure, they technically may have been for Sean's birthday but he works all day and if the UPS guy comes at 10am, who am I to let a box that says "perishable, open immediately" sit and wait. That's just not responsible. Obviously I had to try them too as the days have been extra long lately and I am sticking fast to the no alcohol until Sean is home rule. I am actually back to normal now as Emily is all better and even smiling again. I think there is one new tooth to show for our efforts. 13 to go, fantastic.

As soon as she is done Anna will start round 2 of losing more teeth and then Patrick will start losing his. It's a little creepy around here with so many teeth falling out and the tooth fairy is very busy. Good thing the tooth fairy has a reminder setting on the fancy tooth fairy phone. Megan lost 2 in school a couple weeks ago and some boy told her that was crazy. There was some drama on the way home about that and it took a long time to convince her that it was a compliment. Unfortunately I tell her to stop acting crazy at home and I am not complimenting her, so she was very confused. It was like an episode of Martha Speaks and for once I am not the dog.

Well, Patrick just announced that the "pumpkin mumpkins" are ready so it's time to sugar the kids up. Full disclosure: Patrick already had a caramel bar at 6am. He wouldn't stop begging and even the nuts wouldn't discourage him. They are too old for me to eat anymore so I just gave in. He's got all day to burn it off. Church is going to be fun!

ps Sean is a trooper and rallied long enough to attend an event with me last night. He felt so awful as soon as we left that he even said he would get himself some drugs today. This is big time. I need him full strength for this move so he can write the checks... I look forward to the day when Modern Family does an episode on how men act when they are sick because there is so much material there. I won't mention any of it here because there are a few more things I want for the house and I need to be nice to Sean.

No comments: