Friday, March 30, 2012

Almost Irish goodbye

We decided to have the girls go to school today as normal and that seemed to work well. Of course I may get a call to pick them up later, although I did not tell them this was an option. They just did a quick goodbye to Sean and then I drove them to school and we discussed the fun stuff planned and bribes they can earn, starting with a Jedi membership to some gaming website that they are obsessed with. I told them we can just have a lazy weekend or we can go someplace and Megan seems pretty gung ho on going to KC to the American Girl Doll store. Perhaps I will just offer to pay the shipping off the website and order them the stuff they want. Cheaper than gas for sure. We'll see what kind of mood we are in.

The rest of us will take Sean to the airport later this morning where Emily says she will "kiss Daddy". I told her this a few days ago, didn't think she would remember. I don't know how much she understands, probably will take a while to sink in for the littles. Again, it's a good thing these kids are so easily bribable, that will distract them. I would feel guiltier about us back here doing fun stuff while Sean is gone but at least he is going someplace decent and not to a canvas tent with 7 other guys and no a/c in Afghanistan. That's one thing army is good for... having so many crappy options that you know it could always be worse. We are just ready to start the count down and get this over with.

2 comments:

Marjie said...

So wise, it's going to be ok.

Mrs. Dunn said...

We're thinking of you all. Safe travels to Sean.
Andrea