Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday randoms

Emily has to point out "more purple trees" every time we drive past one. At least she is talking a little now, just need a few more words, although I don't think I need a summer full of "more green trees". I am assuming that summer is coming though and have switched out the girls' winter wardrobes for their summer stuff. Always a good idea to review how little of their stuff actually gets worn before I go buy new stuff. I am being thrifty and even cut off some of their jeans with holes so now they have shorts. Not all of them though, I realize we could still get snow.

I just loaded Downton Abbey and Mad Men onto netflix and bumped them up ahead of all the crap on that queue that I've been avoiding for years now. Never a good day when some documentary that I read about 4 years ago shows up in the mail, ugh. So we'll see if I end up with time to watch stuff while Sean is gone, otherwise I will put netflix on hold and use that money for an extra hour of babysitter. Or extra bottle of wine. The collection has been hit hard lately as Sean prepares for 6 months of beer only. As Emily often says, "blah".

4 comments:

Katie said...

Just order Amazon prime ($79 for a full year and you also get free shipping when you order prime products from them - including 20% off diapers). You get it thru your tv if you hook into wif. You can get whatever you want whenever you want with no waiting on the mail. You can also watch it on a kindle and probably your computer too. Lots of good free movies and also others you can pay for. I like it way better than netflicks.

VAMOM said...

I am taking credit for teaching Emily "Purple Trees".. I pointed them out to her on our trips to KC and around town. Got a huge kick out of it when she started to point them out, too.
You will love Downton Abby.....addictive.

lisadst said...

i have to agree with katie....we kissed netflix goodbye with the last rate hike. i stream everything from amazon. you do need a roku box ($88) to get it on a tv...unless you have a smart tv...

Katie said...

I wondered what roku was for. They've had them on special on amazon this week.