Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cram and Done






Sean leaves on Friday so we have been trying to cram in all the fun and eating we can before then. Also cramming in as many moonlighting shifts as possible to pay for upcoming emergencies. Nana and Pops arrived on Tuesday and they got their fill of the kids by the time they left on Saturday morning. Sean and I went to the Plaza for Thursday and Friday, so that was two full days of quality time away from them. Nana and Pops took the kids to Kansas City too which was pretty brave, to the Hallmark center, something with hands on art projects I guess. And then to the restaurant with the trains that deliver the food, Fitz's?

We much preferred the food delivered by waiters at Blanc Burgers and Bottles, the Cheesecake Factory, and Gram and Dun, which is a new gastro pub that we highly recommend. All I have to say is that I hope Lisa is right about how she loses weight whenever her husband is deployed because that's what I'm counting on! I am also counting on dragging the kids to the Plaza a few times though so I can get take out from those restaurants. After six years I finally feel that I can get to and from the Plaza without a navigator. I realize that is ridiculous that it took so long but we usually only go a couple times a year and trying to find the right ramp onto the expresswayt to leave is a challenge to say the least. But now I can do it! Unless there is construction to screw it all up...

Anyway, the kids are done with spring break now and not at all happy about it. Just waiting until next weekend when Sean leaves, then the drama will really start I suspect. They are already deep into the bribes and after a week of rain they are deep into the TV zone. It did stop raining long enough for them to go to the buffalo farm, another thing that Nana found for them to do. I have all the photos from this stuff, just posting random ones here. You can at least see Megan's new glasses in them. She isn't too upset to have to wear them, especially since Kira wears fake ones just for fun. Anna wants them now too. May need to put some fake ones for her in the bribe box...

2 comments:

Marjie said...

My first glasses in 1965 looked just like Megan's, I think I can find them yet...

Stephanie said...

Cute glasses! Cute kids, hope they get lots of daddy time this week.