Thursday, February 14, 2013

Emily and Mommy Morning

Why of course, I am blogging during Emily and Mommy morning because I couldn't take the begging anymore and I let her watch My Little Pony.  I resisted for a long time just because I loath that "show". Then I figured I could make her happy for 22 minutes while I blog about her and embarrass her forever.  So here we go, some Emily stories:

1.  When Emily farts she laughs and then says, "no say that, my butt".  I asked her where she learned that and she said, "my not know", which is her favorite phrase.  We are working to correct "my" to "I" and then we'll move on to other grammar.  I don't know where it comes from, she hears us speak correctly all the time.  My Little Pony??

2.  Emily is being crabby and extra demanding these days and I finally figured out that it may be due to the longer preschool days now that they are back in the real preschool building.  Patrick is the same way, so perhaps this is just an adjustment problem.  I had been debating what to do for preschool next year since the Catholic school is also offering a 3 year old program and the cost and hours are similar to FUMC where we have gone since we moved here.  MCS starts at 7:42am though, whereas FUMC starts at 9am.  Either way I'd have to drive on the days Emily goes to school because it would be a tight squeeze getting all four kids and car seat and booster into Sean's sleek sports car, or rather into the Civic which is about the size of a sleek sports car but fractionally less cool.  We could just get Sean a new and bigger vehicle and solve that problem but that adds a bit to the overall cost of preschool.

3.  Emily has no interest in potty training now so we aren't bothering with the spring break trip to Kiawah since she can't go to the kids' camp program in pull-ups.  We will use the savings from not traveling to pay for pull-ups for eternity now.  I'm not sure what her deal is, probably wants to stay the baby.  Should I stop carrying her everywhere?

Well, I should probably take her out to find a decent gift for Sean since muddy boots weren't a big hit.  Sean ordered me macaroons last week and they were supposed to arrive today.  They arrived less than 24 hours after he ordered them and I finished them up today!  They were all fabulous except the ones that are flower flavored.  We need to put a stop to that trend.  It's like eating soap and I pass.


I forgot to post that I picked up a King Cake for Fat Tuesday.  They have been fighting since last Fat Tuesday about who would get the baby.  I finally let Anna win that war since I was afraid to let her eat any before we left for Shrek the Musical.  She hadn't thrown up since early that morning and claimed she was fine.  I take very few chances though and packed a barf bag in my purse.  I thought the only thing worse than throwing up at a show would be having to squeeze by 20 people to get to the aisle to go finish throwing up.  No problems though, except she will be pissed when she figures out that per annual tradition, I throw that baby out as soon as I find it on the floor.

Tonight the club is offering free babysitting during dinner so we signed up for that as soon as I heard.  If they keep doing stuff like this we will definitely stay members.  This is worth several months of dues, plus we are able to make our food minimum in the knick of time.  We've had great food there lately too, things are looking up.  Sean needs to golf more so I am encouraging him to add the golf membership back on.  He missed out on a lot last year, lots to make up for!  Maybe that can be his Valentine's Day present??  Let's vote.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

This may beat out some of the funny Anna stories.

Marjie said...

Oh yes, good stories, she will probably be saying that in college because it is so cool. Maybe saying I.

Stephanie said...

Emily is definitely giving Anna competition in the funny stories department. I don't know what the king cake baby is. I presume I am missing out on something tasty or fun.

Marjie said...

It involves cake. Both tasty and fun. Whoever gets the baby has to pay for the cake the next year. Or leave the baby on the floor for mom.