We knew yesterday afternoon that school and army were officially canceled today. Don't tell Canada that army is off or they may finally invade, having had more than their share of winter for as long as they have existed, however long that is, does anyone know/care? Canada is due for a beach vacation though. No worries about Mexico invading, they weep at the sight of snow and we've got plenty of it. Also, Mexico has already invaded and think they have won. Fine, fine, we will let the winners pick our produce, work in our factories, clean our houses and do our yards. We give up, they won. But back to the snow, it may win here, but we will enjoy it Angela style.
For those of you who don't know Angela and her sidekick Joe, you are missing out and they really need a blog so you can learn from them too. Angela has always enjoyed life to the fullest and is always planning her next adventure. They just finished their sailing classes or something down someplace warm because they are getting ready to buy a boat and live on it. If you think that sounds like hell, keep in mind they don't have kids. Now that boat sounds pretty peaceful, right? Anyway, this day is dedicated to Angela!
Last night I threw together this recipe from pinterest and it actually turned out:
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/overnight-peaches-cream-french-toast-50400000116330/
I figured I would need the extra motivation to get up and deal with high energy snow day kids. It did not disappoint.
Megan and Sean also ate it but Patrick declared it "stupid" and spit it out. He then requested monkey bread. There is a limit to what I can whip up on a moment's notice. I do not keep canned biscuits on hand, shocking I know.
The kids were actually being pretty good, all happy to have a snow day, so I decided to do what Angela would do next, namely go in the hot tub. Awesome idea, Angela. Sean shoveled it off and I styled myself in bikini (which I don't wear in public, no worries) and big snow boots. I promise, no photos. I did get one of Sean shoveling, hard to see with the snow and trees.
Okay, you really can't see him at all and too bad because he was in his speedo. The snow has continued since then, here is an updated shot:
A friend has offered to come use his snowblower on our mountain driveway so I have bread and caramel bars ready as payment. It's still coming down though, it can wait until the storm ends. Kids are hoping for a repeat tomorrow but we've pretty much had two 4 day weekends in a row already, I don't need a third. We have sitters coming both nights this weekend and we will be ready to get out!
7 comments:
Back to the whistle, see if he would trade car-man should be two up on frig. Dad
No school tomorrow also and the snow keeps on coming. I may have overestimated my wine collection....
Wow - a whole day dedicated to me?! I don't know what to say! We will have a blog once we're on the boat. I guess we could start now to document the process from the very beginning (learning to sail and searching for the boat). You'll be the first to know if/when we get that going!
I wonder if this is coming our way. I'd like a snow day. I just don't want the snow.
That peach french toast looks marvelous! Angela does need a blog. We need to live vicariously thru her. I got excited when I saw your snow and forecast, but just checked and no snow for us. Reason #33 to move to Nashvill: "No Snow Days"
Props to Angela Day! Maybe we should make it Angela month, isn't her bday in February? Get started blogging, Angela. I'd love to follow your adventures at sea and on land.
My sister told me she is making your peach French toast now that she passed her glucose test. I told her to text when it's ready and I will be there promptly with my fork.
Post a Comment