Sunday had gorgeous weather so we took the kids out of the house. I drove the littles to an empty parking lot to ride their tricycles. Emily enjoyed the cookie portion of that adventure while Patrick kept zooming around me, narrating his race. He refused to do any of the tricks while I was videotaping him though. Meanwhile Sean took the big girls to do some geocaching. It got a little crazy I guess, his arms are scratched up.
Sean let Megan climb up this to find the box...
Picking a treasure from the box. I love the part where they put some junkity-junk from our house back in the box. Finally, a use for that stuff!
I can't get this photo to turn, annoying, sorry. This was a cool one where the box was attached to a log and then put in a hole in the ground.
We met up after a while and Patrick joined them. He loved it, especially when he found a whistle in the prize box and put it in his mouth and managed to blow it three times before Sean stopped him. Oh, the lure of a whistle... I tried to keep him from blowing it in the house when they got home but he could barely resist it. He took it to bed with him and we could hear him blowing it on and off for a while. I went to take it away from him after he fell asleep and I couldn't find it. Then Sean went to look and found it still in his hand. He pried it away from him and I hid it. First thing Patrick did in the morning was ask me for a flash light so he could find his whistle. I suggested that perhaps the whistle fairy took it away. He scoffed. Sure, all on board with the tooth fairy, who forgot to come last week after he lost his first tooth, whoops, but a whistle fairy is a ridiculous concept. He was planning to take that to school of course. I told his teacher and she was most grateful for the whistle fairy. I did have to offer it back to him to get him to sit in the pink princess booster seat on the way home from school though. He was good about only using it outside today at least. Stood right outside the back door and blew it for a while. Very literal. Unfortunately I could still hear him. I'm not sure where it is currently, I fear it's in his backpack. I should go hunting...




No comments:
Post a Comment